I'm taking the day off today for my 30th! Brandi had a surprise party for me last Friday since I have a wedding this weekend and I need to focus. She had a cake made that was a replica of my Canon 5D camera. What an incredible wife!! I couldn't figure out where to cut first (decided on the lens).
Since photography is also my hobby, don't be shocked if you see me downtown sitting out in the park or on the sidewalk in my wine barrel chair reading a recent photo magazine.
Now on to spilling the beans. Since I never completed that Facebook crazed Top 25 Things, I've decided to list 30 things that you may not know about me.
1. I sleep surrounded by 3 pillows like I've built my own little fort.
2. I was born with blond hair, then it turned red, then it turned brown, then I developed a receding hair line at the age of 13.
3. I am a fierce competitor but I keep it disguised until I have you cornered.
4. I cut hair in the Morehouse College dorms to get through college and I still cut my hair today. I started cutting my own hair when I was young b/c I couldn't get my parents to take me to the barber when I wanted.
5. I fell off of a pull-up bar when I was 11 and almost cracked my head open. It was a really bad sight. I also broke my left arm and continued playing the trombone for a week without a cast.
6. My first car was a Nissan 200SX and the license plate read - KNIGHT Rider. I even had a red LED strobe light just like the car KITT from the show.
7. I keep half of my closet in my car and then empty it every two weeks.
8. I love dried fruit and mostly anything that has a sweet/sour taste.
9. I really want a dog. Like yesterday. When can I get my dog???
10. I can open most electronic devices and figure out how they are wired and then use tools in the basement from my Georgia Tech days to fix them.
11. I've been in a tornado before - Ohio 1999. One of the scariest experiences of my life.
12. I get lost on purpose so that I can learn new and exciting things about a city. It hasn't always turned out in my favor when entering a "protected" area - enough said.
13. I don't like the sound of phones ringing so I keep all my cell phones on vibrate.
14. Walking through IKEA makes me dizzy. If there were no arrows I would be a nervous wreck.
15. I have an obsession with t-shirts and comfortable sneakers. My favorite sneakers are Golas and Pumas.
16. I don't like chain restaurants and after watching Top Chef/Hell's Kitchen for several seasons, I tend to view suspect looking food totally different.
17. I stuttered when I was in grade school then I ended up in a magnet program for middle and high school.
18. I learned to swim while trying to survive drowning twice. Once at a party and the other time in a large creek.
19. I only like to hold children after they can say at least say 4 - 5 words. I guess that will have to change in a few years.
20. I can still communicate with my best friend through a secret language we made up when we were young.
21. I absolutely dislike clutter but I live in it!
22. I ate so much sugar growing up that I lost my taste for desserts.
23. I think I could have my own reality show because I experience the craziest things every day that people would find hilarious.
24. I read manuals to appliances on planes for fun and then figure out how to tweak them on my own!?
25. I love eating on outdoor patios and I have a dream of opening a bistro with an amazing terrace.
26. I used to paint on canvas to express my emotions.
27. I had the same television since high school up until last month!
28. I have never gone skiing and it is one thing that I want to mark off of my list (8 years and counting).
29. I rock back and forth like my dad when I am contemplating decisions.
30. I refuse to let others determine my destiny.
I know that my life is in God's hands. I've been blessed with 30 unbelievable years to meet thousands of people and to experience this world. When I look at the box that frames me below, I am happy to know that I have only seen that little of what God has in store for my life. This gives me reassurance that waking up every day with praise on my lips and joy in my heart will continue to allow me to grow. Like the arrow in the IKEA pic mentioned above, I pray that God directs my path and keeps me moving forward so I can fulfill my destiny.
Have a good day and hopefully you learned at least one thing you didn't know about me before!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE!